Re: Smooth scrolling in widgets ??

Sergei Naumov <serge@astro.unc.edu> writes:

> Hi!
> I was wondering whether there are any plans to implement a smooth scrolling
> in the text and/or list/clist widgets. Remember how smart VT terminals do
> this? The text is slowly moving on the screen. It would be VERY handy for many
> applications.

I guess I don't quite understand what you want. Both the text
and the clist widget scroll by single pixels, not by lines, and
it looks pretty smooth to me. (They will scroll by more than
one pixel at a time in general - it would be horribly slow to
scroll 1000 lines one pixel at a time; but I don't think that
is what you meant.)

Maybe you could give more details? (I haven't seen such terminals...)

                                        Owen