Autoconf woes.

Hello everyone,
   I've added several new files to a local copy of gtk I'm working on, and
must now of course rerun
autoconf and automake to get the dependancies done right. Unfortunately,
anyway I try doing it,
after running configure, i suddenly have makefiles that seem to cause a
circular make process,
i.E. type 'make', it starts out happily doing normal stuff, enters the gdk
directory, leaves the gdk
directory, enters the gdk directory,... endless loop. It is obvious I'm doing
something wrong, but
*what* I have no idea. I am working with autoconf  2.12 and automake 1.2f .
Can anyone tell me
what the right way to remake all dependencies is ?
   Deon Ramsey

Deon Ramsey (general Librarygopher) may be reached as:
Work:                       Private:
dfkidok@dfki.uni-kl.de      ramsey@rhrk.uni-kl.de

WWW:
<A HREF="http://www.dfki.uni-kl.de/~ramsey/">Deon Ramsey</A>

Or via Snail-Mail:          Deon Ramsey
                            Koenigstr. 11
                            67655 Kaiserslautern
                            Germany

Program (Pro'-gram) n. A magic spell cast over a computer, causing it to
turn one's input into error messages.

There are many intelligent species in the Universe.
                                             They are all owned by cats.

Be discreet, be polite, but be yourself. -- Per Aspera