Re: configure problem - unable to determine host.

g.reed@clear.net.nz (Glenn Reed) writes:

> I also have been getting a configure problem.  I am using
> GTK+-0.99.8.tar.gz
>
> Can't even get the configure script to run properly so I haven't even
> got to the make yet.
>
> Running ./configure results in it guessing a whole lot of parameters
> but not the host type.  When it gets to the host type configureation
> message being displayed on the screen it aborts out.  I've tried
> putting it in manually using the --host= parameter and I have tried
> Linux but nothing I can think of works.  I am using RedHat Version 4.1
> on a 486DX2-66 with 16Mb of Ram.
>
> Anyone else had this problem??

What is the output of the 'config.guess' script when you run in
manually?

What does 'uname -a' show?

It's rather a strange problem, since your system should be quite
standard. You should be able to specify it manually like:

 configure i486-pc-linux-gnu

In any case, but that shouldn't be necessary.

Regards,
                                        Owen