ListItem's responding to right-clicks as well?

  Okay, I have a problem.  I'm creating a front-end to mpg123 and
currently I'm using a GtkList widget for the playlists.  Now, what I have
the user do is click on all the songs they want to add to the active
playlist (from the songs in the albumns) and then right-click to pop up a
function menu.  This menu allows them to add the songs to the active
playlist.  Now, my problem is this:  When the user right-clicks, the song
that they are currently pointing at gets selected/deselected because the
ListItem under the mouse is reacting to the right-click.  Now, is there
any way to disable/work around this behaviour so it doesn't occur?  I
looked at the widget code and it doesn't differentiate between mouse
buttons... it will selected/deselect an item no matter what mouse button
is pressed.  Is there any way to intercept the signal before it gets to
the list widget?  Any help here would be appreciated, thanks. :)

Brett.