Re: [gtk-list] Re: continue execution while updating a progress bar? (now thoughts on an Xinstall)

nuke@bayside.net wrote:

> well actually, i was aiming more for a "gmake" or "gnomake" which would
> pop up a filebox and let you chooke a Makefile. it would then list all the
> jobs it's going to perform, and show their progress in status bars. once i
> figure this out, my first priority will be to do just a GUI Make.
> somethine more complicated like that will take extra help (any
> volunteers?)

Perhaps also have some way of parsing for alternate "makes;" eg, for the
Linux kernel, there's make dep, make clean, make install, make boot, and
so forth; is there a semi-reliable way to parse these out and display a
menu?