Still having serious problems...

Hello everyone...

After playing with gtk 0.99.7 and gimp 0.99.21 on Solaris 2.6 for almost
20 hours, I'm still in a very bad way.

First:  I found the "$()" = "``" fix in the gimp configure program.
	This helped.

Second:	The gtk-config.in file can be FIXED by hitting (2) <CR>'s after
	the word "esac"

Third:	As in 0.99.18 and 0.99.19, you have to explicitly add the lgtk,
	lgdk, and lglib "-L" and "-R" paths to the gtk-config file,
	under the --libs case option.

Forth:	I've removed the "-lSM and -lICE" compiler options per the
	suggestion of Philippe Lavoie.

OK.

This allows me to compile completely, however, the glib, and most of the
gimp plug-ins fail with a segmentation fault, and core dump.

Even in "verbose" mode, there's no indication as to why in the
compiler's output listing as to what's causing the segmentation fault.

Can anyone give me ANY clues to look for?

Again, I'm using Solaris 2.6, with GCC 2.7.2.3.

I actually have a serious need to get gimp running again, as I've
already removed the older versions (0.99.18/19) to make room for this
version.

(Please don't tell me gimp 0.99.25 is out already, I'll pull my nostril
hairs out one-by-one if you do!  ;)

Thankyou all for patience and any assistance...

(I actually got gimp.99.21 to run, but as soon as I hit the menu widget,
it froze, and coredumped... no explanation.)

--
   Jim Harmon                           The Telephone Connection
jim@telecnnct.com                          Rockville, Maryland