Re: gdk private problems

Bryan Weston <bryanw@bluemoon.sps.mot.com> writes:

> I am trying to compile 0.99.7 on a Solaris machine with g++ and am getting
> parse errors because of local variables named private in gdk.c and other
> files.

Don't compile GTK with g++; use gcc. It's a C program, not a C++
program.

(If there are variables named private in the public _header_ files,
that should be fixed. But that usage in the source code should
not be a problem)

> There are also several warnings about unused variables and unsigned/signed
> comparisons.

Don't worry about them. (I've fixed quite a few recently, but
others are pretty hard to fix up without adding lots of casts
all of the place, which I consider worse than the disease)

Regards,
                                        Owen