Re: [gtk-list] Re: Wish before 1.0 - clist

> >> If you want consistency, you have GtkList. Unfortunately, the
> >> price
> >> of consistency is size limitations and slow performance.
> >
> > This is the reason GtkList will never be used.
> >

> Hmm. One thing you can't do with a
> single column GtkCList is sensible horizontal scrolling.

yes you can .... just needs mroe work then GtkList+GtkScrolledwindow ...
look at genius code .... I believe this should be part of CList but it
could easily be added later ... (it wouldn't break compatibility)

I wanted to put something like this to thefile selector so that you can get
the lists to show the entire filenames but didn't get to it ... maybe
someone fixed this already???

one reason why CList needs it's own scrolling is exactly the fact that
there are multiple collumns and each can have it's own scrollbar ...
which is good ...if you need one large scrollbar you could let clist
resize to the max size and put it inside a scrolled window .. I just
don't see the real need ... plus I don't thinks crolled window would be
able to accomedate as many list items as clist can (and trust me there
ARE places when 100k plus list items is needed)

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
While some may have the year 2000  | $ emacs
problem, my 64-bit alpha's got the | bash: emacs: command not found
year 292471208677 problem          | YES!!