Re: [gtk-list] Re: Documentation?

Jim Harmon wrote:

> Glenn wrote:
> >
> > So.... When will there be better documentation for GTK+ 'cause I'm new
> > also and I'm really having a hard time with some stuff. thanks
> >

> I've learned over the last 18 months or so, that most GNU projects are
> only as well documented as they are complete.
>
> As the docs in GTK say, this is a "work in progress", and due to the
> instability of that truth, it's tough to create documents that are
> accurate, relevant, and timely.

How about a system similar to Javadoc for documenting the widget
hierarchy
and calls? That would make consistency between source code and
documentation
a lot easier. The name "literate programming" may seem a bit
exaggerated, but
getting immediate feedback in the form of documentation is very useful
when
designing APIs.

						/Magnus Hulthen
						magnus@axiom.se