Re: [gtk-list] Hot key implementation...

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Tim Janik wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Mar 1998, Leeman Strout wrote:
>

> > Could someone briefly explain how to use the gtk_key_snooper_* functions?
> >
> > And attempt to explain how these differ from accelerators?
>
> ChangeLog entry:
>         * gtk/gtkmain.c: implementations of gtk_invoke_key_snoopers(),
>           gtk_key_snooper_install() and gtk_key_snooper_remove(). this
>           mechanism allowes applications to track global hot keys that need
>           to bypass accelerator tables and else key processing stuff.

Okey... so err, say I want a key-press for displaying an options widget.
And the button that coincides with my keypress is only visible when the
options widget is visible... Where's this fall under?

If I use an accelerator, (Alt-O) attached to the button will this work
whenever I press the accelerator when my app has focus?

Leeman
alaric@ct2.nai.net