Re: [gtk-list] Re: gtk--: Really weird thing!!

Oliver Freyd <freyd@uni-muenster.de> writes:
> Hi there,
>
> now I've run my crashing program "hello5" again in gdb and said "where" after
> the crash:
> #1  0x804a34c in Signal_proxy0<void, Gtk_Widget>::operator() (this=0xbffff6fc)
> at /usr/local/include/gtk--sig.h:1191
> #2  0x804a6aa in ColorButton::test_cb (this=0xbffff100) at hello5.cc:44
> #3  0x804af90 in Slot<void, ColorButton>::call (this=0x8072138) at
>
> Now I hope this tells you something.

Yes, you forgot to initialize the colorsel-variable inside
ColorButton-class constructor to zero... So, it didnt create
colordialog at all and crashed where it was first used.

But the good thing is that I found a bug from Gtk_ColorSelection class
accidentally while trying to find this bug... (It was derived from Gtk_Window
even tho it really is derived from Gtk_VBox :)

> By the way, there seem to be some difficulties with deleting objects, too.
> My colorbutton widget opens a Gtk_ColorSelectionDialog, and  when it's done
> I hide() it and then delete it. But then it crashes, so I just don't delete
> it anymore. But probably delete should work somehow, you don't want to keep
> everything in memory because you needed it once...

The deletion does not work :(. I'm going to look it next.

--
-- Tero Pulkkinen -- terop@modeemi.cs.tut.fi --