Gimp 0.99.19 menu weirdness

Hello,

  few days ago there were about two mails that complained about strange menu
behaviour in new Gimp 0.99.19. I also have been hit by this bug - but it seems
that this bug is so rare that no body have replied to those bug reports. Than I
asked myself - what did we wrong or sligtly different from the others installing
new Gimp? I sought throw mailing list archives but I have not found anything.
But - WHOA - that's it: `root@artax:/usr/src/gtk-0.99.4/$ configure --enable-\
debug=no'. Only few folks bothered to turn off gtk debuging... - and punishment
come immediately :)

  So - is this misbehaviour already known and fixed or developers never ever
turn off debugging ? :)

Dan