Re: [gtk-list] GTK themeing code...........

> Okay.. finally I'm happy with my API for buttons and themeing - and
> have finally hunted down and destroyed some bugs - I woudl liek to put
> up my gtk tree on cvs now - but as a separate tree - not inside the gtk
> tree, so people can download it, make comments, see what the api is -
> critique, make changes etc. befor ei continue onto my next victim (the
> next widget.. whichever that one is)
Cool, I read thru your preliminary theming button demo, looks neat :)
Keeping seperate is a good idea...

> does anoyone have any bojections if i commit a new gtk+ tree
> (gtk+themes) ?
I don't know much about theming, but I played with gdk_imlib a bit.
Is there any reason theming couldn't be kept seperate from gtk/gdk
so it wouldn't have to be loaded if it weren't being used?
Or maybe you could make your themable gtk a drop-in shared lib replacement,
somewhat like libXaw3d or Xaw-xpm and stuff like that.
Or there could be an option when building to enable/disable themability.
I am just bringing this up because I would like to see the less necessary
options seperated from the basic widget functionality. It would be annoying
to know that every gtk app implementation had to go thru functions
implementing/checking for themes even if the user wasn't using themes.
I just don't want to see gtk get unnecessarily bloated and have to run
thru "nifty features" functions even when using the default functionality.
The ability to have the gtk shared libs with or without themability might
be a good way to go, that way people who want all that fanciness can use it,
and those with slower machines can disable it.
Altho an add-on library like the way gdk_imlib is implemented would be
even better.
Just some thoughts,
Chris