Re: [gtk-list] Gtk-- refcounting question

Brian Alexander Martin <briam@cats.ucsc.edu> writes:
> I've got a question about the current status of refcounting in gtk--.

It could be better :)

I think current situation is that the C++-parts of the gtk objects are
not destroyed when container keeping the objects is destroyed. This is
something that absolutely needs to be fixed. (This is why there's
message in the web page asking people to use new instead of local
scope for storing objects that are inserted to containers - that use
of the objects can certainly be preserved when the refcounting is
fixed, it might break the objects in local scopes)

I dunno exactly how it should be solved... We'll see. Probably should
make some way for C++ to handle all the refcounts...

--
-- Tero Pulkkinen -- terop@modeemi.cs.tut.fi --