GtkText bug / suggestions
- From: Stefan Jeske <jeske braunschweig netsurf de>
- To: gtk-list redhat com
- Cc: Owen Taylor <owt1 cornell edu>
- Subject: GtkText bug / suggestions
- Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 10:21:52 +0100 (MET)
Hi Owen (and all the others currently working on GtkText) !
I just noticed that inserting/pasting at the very end does not work (after
inserting a newline after "not" in the testgtk sample) :
** ERROR **: file gtktext.c: line 2493 (advance_mark_n): "n > 0"
Here are some suggestions (sorry, couldn't resist ;) :
- HOME, END should jump to beginning/end of line
- Ctrl-HOME, Ctrl-END should jump to beginning/end of text
- selecting by mouse should scroll the text continuously when
touching the widget borders (emacs-like, without having to move the
mouse). It's quite irritating now.
- "gtk_text_set_editable" should queue a redraw (I guess).
- API's : gtk_text_clear, gtk_text_delete_lines (gint start, gint end),
gtk_text_append/prepend, gtk_text_insert_at (gint row, gint column),
some function to get the row/column from the x/y-coordinates of a
mouse click, some function to get the word/line under the mouse pointer
] [Thread Prev