YAOCW (Yet Another Objective-C Wrapper)

This is Objective-GTK.

I'm satisfied enough with its current state of completion (it's very,
very close to 1.0), so I thought I officially announce(?) it here.
Get it off my homepage

  http://members.tripod.com/Juergen_Erhard/computers_contribute_gtk_objective-gtk.html

Yes, it's similar to obgtk.  No, it's not the same.  Some of the
differences:

  + It has more of an Objective-C feel than obgtk (I think).  Like,

  + GTKIdle is an idle object.  You can do idle functions as
    subclasses of this class, or instatiate GTKIdle directly and have
    it send a message to some other object.

    Timeouts are not implemented... yet (I didn't need them...).

  + GTKWindow has a `-canClose' and a `-canClose:' method, for
    handling the `delete_event'.

    You can either use `-canClose:' to allow/disallow closing the
    window via the window manager (e.g., [someWin canClose:YES]), or
    you can override `-canClose' in a subclass and return YES or NO
    dynamically.

  + Signal handlers can get additional application-specified data.

      [someWidget on:"SIGNAL"
                  send:@selector(someMethod:)
                  to:someObject
                  with:someOtherObject];
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

  + Signals don't force a number of arguments on their handlers.

    In the above `-on:send:to:with:' invocation, `someMethod:' is
    exactly the method that's send to `someObject', even if the
    "SIGNAL" has two arguments.

  + If a signal handler method takes more arguments than the
    application specifies, the sending GTKObject is the first
    argument.

    For example, if I connect a signal with

      [someWidget on:"SIGNAL" send:@selector(someMethod:) to:self];

    then `someMethod:'s first argument would be `someWidget'.

  + Hey, there's a nice GTKAlphaSpinButton class!  It's spinbutton
    that spins strings...

    Unfortunately, it needs a GTK patch I'll send with this message to
    work...

  + Some useful/nice shortcuts and convenience methods... like
    `-[GTKPixmap initFromXPM:onWindow:withBackground:]' and similar.

That's about all off the top of my head.

Anyway,

Bye, J

- --
Jürgen A. Erhard  eMail: jae@laden.ilk.de  phone: (GERMANY) 0721 27326
   MARS: http://members.tripod.com/~Juergen_Erhard/mars_index.html
		   "Ever wonder why the SAME PEOPLE
     make up ALL the conspiracy theories?" -- Michael K. Johnson