RE: [gtk-list] Re: gtk example code extraction

On 12-Jun-98 Owen Taylor wrote:
>> I have written an awk script and placed it in the examples
>> directory
>> in cvs to automatically extract the code examples from the
>> tutorial,
>> so they only have to be changed once. It's called 'extract.awk',
>> and
>> there is a shell wrapper to invoke it called 'extract.sh'
>
> People should also note that not everything in examples/ is
> autogenerated from the tutorial. In particular the directories:
>
>  scribble-simple/
>  gtkdial/
>  tictactoe/
>
> have complete sources to things only exhibited partially in the
> tutorial itself.
>
> Perhaps there should be a README under examples/ explaining all
> of this?

Sorry for the late reply. I'll put a README together for this today.
I would have done it earlier, but I have just changed jobs and have
only just got full net access back.

tony

---
E-Mail: trog@gtk.org
Some parts of the past must be preserved, and some of the future prevented
at all costs.

Go Bezerk! http://www.gtk.org/~trog