[gtk-list] Text inside Gtk_Fixed widgets

I'm fooling around with shapes in gtk--, using a popup window with a fixed
widget inside, then putting a pixmap into that. It works fine from there,
but how can I add a little text message (like a filename) to the window? I
tried doing a fixed->put(label, 0, 0); (label is a Gtk_Label) with
different positions but the label won't show up (yes, i did label->show()
and set it to a str).  Is there any way to do this?

Thanks
---
Matt Perry [guy@mikepery.linuxos.org]

I'd rather just believe that it's done by little elves running around.
---