Re: [gtk-list] Re: Proper way to destroy widgets?

On 20 Jun 1998, Tero Pulkkinen wrote:

> The same error has been noticed before, but I do not know what is the problem.
>
> I suspect it might be destroying the widget too early - this has not been
> confirmed yet though. => it needs debugging.. There's another place
> which gives exactly same error, testme.cc in the examples causes exactly
> same problem with file selection dialogs. Unfortunately I dont know why..
>
> (maybe its problem with all dialogs somehow -- I've looked Gtk_Dialog's code
> like 20 times already and its simple enough to not have any bugs that I
> can see :( ) Anyone getting similar problems with plain gtk?

The bug seems like a pretty picky one.  When I did stuff in a certain
order, the bug completely disappears, but if I do it the wrong way it
comes back.  Here is the order that makes the bug disappear:
   1. open my dialog window (gcDialog)
   2. open a file selection dialog (gcFileSelection (only derived it from
      Gtk_FileSelection in order to fix the delete_event thing))
   3. ... Everything after this works fine.
If I open two gcDialog's in a row, it screws up.  I am completely clueless
about what's going on.

---
Matt Perry [guy@mikepery.linuxos.org]

Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do.
---