Re: [gtk-list] Re: entry signals

> "If we want to catch when the user has entered text, we can connect to
> the activate or changed signal.
> Activate is raised when the user hits the enter key within the Entry
> widget. Changed is raised when the text changes at all, e.g. for every
> character entered or removed".

Would it not be more logical for 'entry' to raise a "value-changed" signal
for when the user hits the enter key?

I can understand the idea of "activate" for (say) check-boxes or radio-
buttons, but not for this one. Is it not fair to think that "activate"
should be equivalent to a "value-changed(to TRUE)" signal?

--

Steve                                       | Steve's law of House Rewiring:
S.Hosgood@swansea.ac.uk                     | "No matter how many power sockets