Re: [gtk-list] entry signals

Joshua Kessler wrote:

> Hey,
>   Does gtk_entry emit a "changed" signal?  what i am looking for is a way to
> know when the text in certain entry boxes changes so i can parse those strings
> and get what i need out of it.  is there another way to do this? i was thinking
> of just connecting the changed signal to an event handler but i dont see one.
> Thanks for any help you can give me.

 From the GTK Tutorial 7.8 Text Entries :

"If we want to catch when the user has entered text, we can connect to
the activate or changed signal.
Activate is raised when the user hits the enter key within the Entry
widget. Changed is raised when the text changes at all, e.g. for every
character entered or removed".

	http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/gtk_tut-7.html#ss7.8

Regards,
Marc