newbie signal question

What if I don't want the notebook to switch pages?  I trap the
switch_page signal, yes.  Can I return something?  If so, what?
I tried source browsing, but got lost in a twisty maze of pointers
to functions.  There's a tiny bit of information at the following URL,
but not enough to make sense of it.

http://archive.redhat.com/gtk-list/1998-February/0058.html

The switch_page signal was first introduced in the following message,
but the usual presumption that one is born knowing how to use the code
exists.

http://archive.redhat.com/gtk-list/1997-December/0194.html

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>  http://web.crynwr.com/~nelson