RE: [gtk-list] Re: Runtime Linkage queries

> > 1. Arg ranges - Args with numeric values may only have a limited valid
> >    range. How can a GUI builder determine this? I suppose it
> could get by
> >    without them, but it wouldn't be able to use spinbuttons for floats,
> >    since it would have no idea of what to use for the increments.
>
> yep, this is one of the left over areas. since this stuff is just
> not supported
> by the widget argument system (i would have liked this ability as
> well, back
> when this was implemented), it seems like the only ability gui
> builders have
> is to provide extra knowledge for this...

By the way, if you're going to alter the Arg system, another very useful
improvement would be to support default values (for numeric and enum
types).

If default values are added, Glade will only output args which differ
from these, making the output file much smaller. (Currently Glade has
some defaults hard-coded, but that's not ideal.)

Damon