Re: [gtk-list] Re: Excuse me for mentioning the unmentionable, but...

Scott Bronson wrote:

> Jim Harmon wrote:
> > Please leave your platform Politics and Prejudice at home.
>
> I'm astounded.  You spend 5 paragraphs bashing the Mac with opinions
> and factual errors, then you say this.  That's pure hypocrisy.

No, I was not MAC bashing.  I was discussing what is an observable
difference between MAC and PC.  I used no derrogatory terminology, nor
did I make any verbal slurs.

My point, infact, is that most MAC users bash "Windoze", when today's
AVERAGE PC is on a par with the top-rated MAC.  With the possible
exception of the G3, except in order for a G3 MAC to compete head to
head with a PC, you MAKE it a PC with the Virtual PC option.

And with a schizophrenic (Jekyll/Hyde) personality, such machines are
strange.  The MacOS runs in what amounts to single-threading, while the
Virtual PC can be *actually* multi-threading in the same box at the same
time.

I don't accept bashing MAC or PC, and using the phrase
"Jekyll/Hyde-brid" was intended to be a pun on the term "hybrid",
nothing more.

> If you'd like to promote GTK ports to other platforms (which was the
> point of your message, yes?), all you have to do is start coding.  I'd
> also discourage calling members of this list who have no interest in

Which is to say, that you believe *I* posted the term "loser"?

Please reread my REPLY to the message that called certain users
"Lusers".  This is NOT my term, and is PRECISELY the reason I posted.

--
   Jim Harmon                           The Telephone Connection
jim@telecnnct.com                          Rockville, Maryland