Gtk Text Widget memory leak?

	Hello, I'm having a slight problem with GTK's Text widget in
Linux. It seems when I add text to the widget, and then destroy it, the
memory is not freed. I'm not sure of this, but what I did to test was load
large files (kernel, etc) into the text widget, destroyed the widget,
create a new text widget, load a large file, etc... and in the process
doing a 'ps ux' to check memory usage. I've noticed that the %MEM field of
the ps output rises considerably as each file is loaded and does not go
down once the text widget is destroyed.

	Is this normal? What should the proper way that a Text widget
should be destroyed? Right now I am using gtk_widget_destroy on the dialog
that contains the text widget (and have also tried destroying the actual
text widget). Any help appreciated.

	Viraj.