A bug in GtkCombo, and a moan about it!

The bug may be really a bug in GtkList: When the button on the
combo-box is pressed, a list of options appears. However, when you click
on one of the options, your keypress doesn't get "eaten" by the list, and
whatever happened to be "under" the list also gets the click!

I'm using Gtk 1.0.4 on Red Hat Linux 4.2.

Am I alone in thinking that GtkCombo's behaviour is a bit weird, in that
it pops down the option-list when the arrow is *clicked*? I reckon that
it would be nicer if it did so when the arrow is *pressed* so that the
user could drag the mouse (still with its button pressed) to the required
option and that that option would be selected when the button is *released*.

I know this is the way Windoze works, but surely that's no reason for
GtkCombo to do it differently? It seems more intuitive to allow the press-
drag-release mode of operation as it takes fewer clicks by the user.

--

Steve                                       | Steve's law of House Rewiring:
S.Hosgood@swansea.ac.uk                     | "No matter how many power sockets