gtk--, gtk warning, Gtk_Text popping out of main wnd

Hello,
        I've run into a couple of problems.  In my program I have a main
window
that has a notebook in it.  i've made my own notebook class deriving it
from Gtk_Notebook, and in it, theres a list of Gtk_Label pointers.  So
when I add pages to the notebook, its like this append_page(&txtMain,
&lbl) (done within the notebook class) , I get a warning (most of the
time)

** WARNING **: file gtkwidget.c: line 2469 (gtk_widget_set_parent):
"widget->parent == NULL"

and I get two pages added with identical labels!  Could this be
happening because the Gtk_Labels don't know their parent (thats what the
warning seems to say?), cause there created in the notebook class I've
made?  Either way, any ideas on how to fix it would be nice :-).  I've
tried calling 'set_parent' but it didn't seem to do the trick.

My Second problem.  In my notebook class (derived from Gtk_Notebook)
when I do a 'remove_page(page)', the Gtk_Text accociated with the
notebook, pops out of the main window and floats.

I have a feeling I'm having these problem because widgets created in my
notebook class don't know its parent, but I'm really not sure.
Thanks for any help,  the codes at http://canuc.baremetal.com/temp/ if
someone is feeling especially helpfull :-)
Tom