gtk example code extraction

Err... I should have mentioned this earlier, but I have just
noticed that some people are still updating the examples/* code in the
CVS by hand.

I have written an awk script and placed it in the examples directory
in cvs to automatically extract the code examples from the tutorial,
so they only have to be changed once. It's called 'extract.awk', and
there is a shell wrapper to invoke it called 'extract.sh'

It takes the following switches:
 -c : Just do checking rather than output files
 -f <filename> : Extract a specific file
 -d : Extract files to current directory

Without the -d switch, the code will be placed in the appropriate
sub-directory.

It works by looking for sections of text in the tutorial surrounded
by, for example:

/* example-start helloworld helloworld.c */

and

/* example-end */

So, the code between these lines would be extracted to the file
helloword/helloworld.c

It also handles replacing the sgml tag '&amp;' with '&'

Comments welcome

Thanks

Tony

---