Re: [gtk-list] order of widget function calls

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Oskar Liljeblad wrote:

> I too ran into the problem of adding lines to a text widget before realizing
> it.
>
> It would be convenient with, for each widget or set of widgets, an entry in
> the FAQ/reference/tutorial that illustrated the correct order of function
> calls when initializing and displaying the specific widget.
>
> If this has already been done (I couldn't find much about it in the GTK
> reference, FAQ or tutorial), please tell me where it can be found.

well, in principle you should be able to call all the functions belonging
to a widget in pretty random order.
as always ;), there are a few exceptions
*_constructor() functions should be called directly after a widgets creation,
and a few else functions need to be called before a widget is realized,
e.g. gtk_widget_set_events().

> Oskar Liljeblad (osk@hem.passagen.se)

---
ciaoTJ