Re: [gtk-list] RE: gtk-- tutorial?

At 08:45 PM 6/9/98 -0000, you wrote:

>On 09-Jun-98 Victor T. Ng wrote:
>> Is there a decent gtk-- tutorial somewhere?  I've recently downloaded both
>> qt and gtk but I can't seem to find any documentation for gtk-- for those
>> who have no idea (like me) what's going on.
>
>There isn't a gtk-- tutorial as such, but the way I picked it up was to study
>the gtk one and then look in the gtk-- headers to figure out which methods
>referred to which gtk function.
>
>If you have any specific problems then ask in here, people have been kind
>enough to answer all my dumb questions ;^)

I have a quetion on it. How do you attach commands into the menufactory
under gtk--? Do they have to be non-class functions or does it handle
using class functions (which would require passing/using 'this' somehow).
The 'menu' demo skips attaching any functionality to the menu options,
so there is no clue there, and nothing else in the gtk-- package
seems to use it at all. I'd prefer to not need to have a bunch of
helper functions if I could avoid it.

Also, how well is the gtk-- tracking gtk? Are they remaining closely
at the same capability levels?
Kevin Handy  kth@srv.net         Accounting Software for
Software Solutions. Inc.         VAX/VMS Computer Systems
Idaho Falls, Idaho