RE: [gtk-list] Re: Displaying 2-byte chars in a GtkEntry

> The general picture is that GtkEntry works well with CJK text
> for real uses, but is not meant for the casual display of a
> few characters on a westerner's screen.

I managed to display some characters from the fonts in a label,
which worked fine.

I wonder if the GtkEntry would display them OK if I could just
get the raw bytes into it - maybe a gtk_entry_set_raw_text()?

I don't suppose it matters too much, but the user may be a bit
confused to select a font and see nothing (especially since it
took so long to load!)

Damon