ANNOUNCE: GtkDvi 0.01.

Hi All,

This is a quick announcement message to tell you about GtkDvi 0.01 a gtk-based
dvi renderer that will, hopefully, one day, mature into a widget. Here's the
README that comes with it:

--8<--
This is an initial, very much alpha, release (say, v 0.01) of
something that will hopefully mature into a gtk dvi widget. It is not
a widget yet, not by a long shot.

However, it does show dvi files properly, and even manages to zoom
them. Don't expect such details as changing zoom on the fly, changing
page on the fly or a magnifying glass yet, though.

If you want to try it out, run 'make', then try 'gdvi test.dvi
4'. Then make the window somewhat bigger. :) The last command line
argument (that mysterious '4') is the zoom factor.

This is about all the documentation there is, so use the source, Luke!
Especially gdvi.c, which shows how to use the other files. Keep in
mind, though, that the interface _will_ change, especially once I get
around to making it into a proper widget.

Copying conditions: LGPL, see the file COPYING for details.
--8<--

If you are interested, please do give it a try and mail me any and all comments
that you may have. You can download it from http://www.nada.kth.se/~johannes/gtk
dvi/

Regards,

Johannes (who is going to be away for five weeks now).
--
MtG: "A boosterpack a day keeps the doctor away."

How do I connect to that real-life thing I keep hearing about?