RE: [gtk-list] Eating surplus events?

On 31-May-98 Jonathan Belson wrote:

> Hiya
>
> A window in an application I'm writing allows the user to interact with it by
> moving the pointer over it.
>
> I use the motion_notify_event_impl() virtual function to capture the movement
> of
> the mouse, and update the display each time a motion_notify event is
> received.  This works fine, however there is the problem that so many
> motion_events are queued that it can take a while to process the backlog.
>
> Is there a function to 'eat' the surplus events, say at the end of each call
> of motion_notify_event_impl()?  Are there any other ways to limit the number
> of motion events created?

Ermmm...maybe I should rephrase my question.

Is there any way I can prevent my app from being 'swamped' with motion_notify
events when the user moves the mouse rapidly?

The program takes a while to 'catch up' with the mouse after it's stopped moving
and it makes fine control very difficult.

C-YA
Jon

http://www.dookie.demon.co.uk