Calling function w/ multiple parameters

How can I use "gtk_signal_connect()" to call
a function that contains three or more parameters,
which are not necessarily related to the object
(widget) included in the 'signal handler'
when, for example, a button is pressed?  That is,
a function that has nothing to do with the widget
from which the signal was generated is going to
be triggered, and the function could have any
number of parameters.  I'm sure it could be done
either calling another function from where the
actual function that we want to use can be call w/
the needed parameters, assuming that we already
have all the parameters inside that function.  Another
way would be to simply set up a structure so that
only one argument is passed, but at this point I'm
getting a lot of 'parse' errors.  Is there another way
of doing this?

Thanks, ajam.