Re: [gtk-list] Re: My experiences with GTK - what I would like changed...

Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com> writes:
> On 2 Jun 1998, GTK.Mailinglist.account wrote:
> > You can either click on it about 20 times or click on it, move the
> > mouse a bit and then you can select it. I have heard from amost
> > everyone else that they made the same experiences on their system (all
> > Linux systems with fvwm2).
> If you can provide a .fvwm2rc and detailed instructions for reproducing
> it, perhaps people will look into it...

Here is the "behaviour" setting part of my .fvwm2rc:

- -------------------

DeskTopSize     5x1
ClickTime       750
ColormapFocus   FollowsFocus
OpaqueMoveSize  100
EdgeResistance  300 10
EdgeScroll      0 0
XORValue        1
WindowFont      -b&h-lucida-bold-r-normal-*-*-180-*-*-p-*-iso8859-*
IconFont        -b&h-lucida-bold-r-normal-*-*-140-*-*-p-*-iso8859-*
#               fg     bg        null    font
MenuStyle       white grey15  grey20 -b&h-lucida-bold-r-normal-*-*-140-*-*-p-*-iso8859-* mwm
# active window colours   fg      bg
HilightColor            white   blue3

Style "*"               Color white/blue4
Style "*"               BorderWidth 6, HandleWidth 6
Style "*"               StickyIcon, UsePPosition
Style "*"               RandomPlacement, SmartPlacement
Style "*"               MWMFunctions,MWMDecor,HintOverride
Style "*"               DecorateTransient,IconBox -70 1 -1 -140
Style "*"               Icon ques_ico.xpm, FocusFollowsMouse

- -----------------

If I can supply more data to get rid of this nasty flaw, please tell
me, I'd be glad to help.

> > implemented in the near future.
> The reasoning is Big BS. X is a networked display protocol, and since it
> runs over the network, everything is set up to be able to wait for the
> network to get the data there & back.

Well - I assumed the people writing those damn big intrinsics manuals
for X11 (and the xview toolkit) know more about it than I, so I
accepted it... but if I don't have to do it that way under GTK+: even
better ! :-)))

> > On the other hand: Has anyone made any experiences (positive or
> > negative) with using the handlers directly ? I'd ne kinda interested to
> > hear about it...
> Every gtk program that sets signal handlers does it directly. Just go do
> it and feel good about it :-)

Yes, ma ! :-))))))) Alright, I will try it... *smile*

Later,
	Georg

- --
Georg C. F. Greve <greve@fusebox.hanse.de>
http://porter.desy.de/~greve/ - ICQ#10016966
"People who fight may lose. People who do not
fight have already lost." -- Bertolt Brecht