Re: [gtk-list] Logic behind GDK

Glenn Bautista wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I'm somewhat a beginner in X prgoramming....
> And I'd like to understand better the workings of and
> the correct use of GDK... Do you guys have any pointers so that I can
> speed up the learning curve ? I really need to understand the logic
> behind
> GDK...and I canot decipher it from the H files... please give me
> additional info.

I think currently there is no documentation for gdk.
But you can learn gdk quite well from an Xlib book, since
gdk is mostly a wrapper for Xlib. The book I used to learn Xlib/gdk
is
	X Window System Programming  2. Ed.
	N. Barkakati
	Sams Publishing
	USD 39.99

It gives a good, readable overview on X programming. Covers Xlib as well
as
a little xt, motif and X in general.

bye
Stefan