Re: [gtk-list] My experiences with GTK - what I would like changed...

[focus-follow-mouse thingy snipped off - dunno about that ]

> - - What about giving the programmer the possibility to attach own data
> structures to Widgets ? I'd like a function set like
>
> void gtk_widget_submit_userdata(Widget* widget, gpointer* data);
> void gtk_widget_delete_userdata(Widget* widget, gint number);
> gpointer* gtk_widget_retrieve_userdata(Widget* widget, gint number);
>
> This could easily by done by a GList, I guess... and it would make
> object oriented programming even easier.

There is already such thing and it uses hash table, not GList...
gtkobject.h:
void gtk_object_set_data       (GtkObject   *object,
                                const gchar *key,
                                gpointer     data);

gpointer gtk_object_get_data       (GtkObject   *object,
                                    const gchar *key);
> - - The last big thing I have been looking and couldn't find was a
> signal handler where I can have a routine being called when a child
> dies or sends any other signal. I know I could probably do that by
> directly using the systems handlers, but it would be much better to
> only have GTK managing this kind of stuff.

(I dunno about this either.. prolly should use system signal handlers..)

--
-- Tero Pulkkinen -- terop@modeemi.cs.tut.fi --