Re: [gtk-list] Titlebars and No Titlebars

In a previous message, Brian C. Lane says:
>   How can I selectivly turn off the titlebar and resize handles of my main
> window, leaving them active for the other dialogs that the program
> creates?

Give each window its own window manager class name and then specify in the
window manager start up which classes to manage with titlebars or without
titlebars.

For example:

   gtk_window_set_wmclass(
      GTK_WINDOW(gtkwidget),
      "WindowClassName",
      "WindowClassClass");

(see gtk/gtkwindow.c)

To have a border but no handles or titlebar on the window in FVWM2:

   Style "WindowClassName"  NoHandles, NoTitle, BorderWidth 1

If you want the title bar and handles, just don't specify a Style for that
class.
--
Michael J. Hammel           | "The phonograph ... is not of any commercial
The Graphics Muse           | value."