Re: [gtk-list] File Selection, part due

Most likely the code you've written is a little different.  In the
tutorial, the vbox widget has no signal handlers, but the buttons that
are in file selection widget do.  Here's what the tutorial says:

gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT
     (GTK_FILE_SELECTION (filew)->ok_button),
     "clicked", (GtkSignalFunc) file_ok_sel, filew );

Notice that the widget where the signal is being connected is the
"ok_button" which is in the GTK_FILE_SELECTION data structure.  It's a
button.  Buttons have "clicked" events.

Vertical packing boxes probably don't. :-)

Of course, that's my (public school) educated guess and without seeing
your *exact* code, the conclusions I provide are as close as I get.

 -Eric

---ajam <ajam@erols.com> wrote:

> Hi y'all,
>
> I wonder if some kind human, although I'm willing to make
exceptions,  being
> would direct me in the right direction with a problem that I'm
having.  I'm
> trying to set up the 'file selection" widget in my tiny application,
but I've
> been getting the same error no matter how I place things.  I can
compile without
> any problems, but when I open the "file selection" widget the
following error
> appears in the terminal:
>
> ** WARNING **: gtk_signal_connect() : could not find signal
"clicked" in the
> 'GtkVBox' class ancestry
>
> Well, I was convinced that I was screwing up somewhere, but could
not find it.
> Then I tried the example that appears in the "Gtk Tutorial".  I
compiled it and
> ran it.  Guess what?  It is giving me the same error when I run it.
I don't