Re: [gtk-list] Re: error compiling 1.0.5 on Solaris 2.6 machine

> Dave Reed wrote:
> >
> > Below is a snippet of the error i get when trying to compile 1.0.5 on
> > a Solaris machine.  I have previously compiled 1.0.0-1.0.4 without
> > problems.  The machines was upgraded from Solaris 2.4 to Solaris 2.6
> > this summer so that could also be part of the problem.  Any
> > suggestions?
>
> > In file included from /usr/include/sys/stream.h:26,
> >                  from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:38,
> >                  from gdkwindow.c:23:
> > /usr/include/sys/model.h:32: #error "No DATAMODEL_NATIVE specified"
> > make: *** [gdkwindow.lo] Error 1
>
>  Curious. It seems it can no longer work out what architechture you are
> using.
>
>  Depending on what machine you want to generate code for, define:
>  __sparcv8 or __sparcv9 and __sparc
>  some where in your Makefiles.
>
>  (It's prolly better to defile __sparcv8 in case you want to use the libs
> on older sparcs. See /usr/include/sys/isa_defs.h for more info).
>
> John "Kate" Looney, Horizon Open Systems. Sun Microsystems distributor and
> Support centre. Hotline: [+353 1 8055700] Web http://www.hos.horizon.ie/

Thanks for the suggestion - I tried adding -D__sparcv8 and it still
didn't work.  I found a machine that was still runing Solaris 2.4 and
it compiled so the sys admin may have messed something up during the
upgrade.  I guess I'll worry about it when all the machines have been
upgraded to 2.6 :-)

Dave