coloured progressbar & gtkrc

Hey there,

I've been working with gtk for just a short time and was hoping someone could
give me a pointer or two.  There does not seem to be an explicit option for
colouring buttons, but a gtkrc (or whatever you choose to call it) file will
allow the gui to display more than the simple grey default.

I would like to be able to change the colour of a progressbar depending on the
value of the float passed to it, but cannot discover any way to change the
colour once it has been defined.

I hope someone can point me to the right style function or at the very least,
point me to an explanation of the styles in a gtkrc file.

Thanks in advance,

--
-Bonnie Ritchey
CAD Systems, Mitsubishi Semiconductor