Re: [gtk-list] Re: GTK--: Proposal for gtk-- examples

Guillaume Laurent wrote:

> Ionut Borcoman at home <borco@mailbox.ro> writes:
>
> > gtk--, it will be a good thing to have at least the equivalent of the
> > examples programs from gtk+ (for the beginners like me). In this way,
> > you can read the tutorial of gtk+ and see how is this done in gtk--.
>
> This is something I'll probably take care of in the days to come.

This is not a proposal to stop you but we might use glade/glade-- to also
provide a complete testgtkmm.

Since glade-- IMNSHO produces really good and readable code, it would be a
good idea to simply publish the glademm examples as gtk-- example code (This
examples would even improve free of cost by widget sample code generation
within glade--. Task for my holiday weeks.). It would cost you nothing
(besides some invocations and an tar)!

... [ rethought the matter ] ... I'll do it. You might download them from my
web page
http://home.wtal.de/petig/  .

Thus we have some examples on widget creation (though not on widget
manipulation - this is the task you should address, since it's not yet part of
glademm to create sample w-manipulation code).

... [Sorry, got offtopic] ... Please do it (I confused testgtk and the gtk
tutorial). Doing a testgtkmm with glade[--] is nearly trivial. A tutorial
should contain _short_ code pieces, there's no intention to use a code
generator.

Christof
(designer of glade--   ;-) )