editable text in a clist.

I have what is probably not a unique problem. I am writing an
application that will be used to edit tables in a database. A CList
would seem the logical choice to present the data in it's tabular
form. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to give a particular
cell in a CList focus, much less be able to edit it.

I had thought maybe to create entry widgets on the fly and insert them
into the cell the user had selected, then replacing the widget with
the text the user had entered. However, after looking through the code
for the CList object, I see the routine to free memory held by the
cell contents isn't implemented for widgets (which I guess would be
the reason there aren't gtk_clist_set_widget() and
gtk_clist_get_widget() functions).

Are there plans to enhance the CList to include editable text cells?
This would be a great addition. At the moment though I need a faster
solution and don't have the time it would need to try implementing it
myself.

Perhaps there is a better method for editing tabular data and I
haven't run across it yet. Any suggestions?

TIA,

Jonathan

--
Jonathan H. Wheaton