Re: [gtk-list] Re: modal windows ?

You are misunderstanding something. There are two different types of
_modal dialogs_. APPLICATION MODAL and SYSTEM MODAL. I agree, that
system modal is not a good idea in a multitasking system. But keep focus
on application modal - if you have a large parent window, and you pop up
a small dialog box - modal - than if clicking or pointing into the large
parent window will bring it to the top and _overlaps or hides_ the modal
small dialog box. Application modal means, that this dialog will stay on
top of the application. And it isn't a feature of the WM. Have a look
into Qt or Motif library. If specifing there an application modal window
means the described behaviour - the modal dialog will stay on top of the
application.

Markus