Re: [gtk-list] ANNOUNCE: Superficie 0.01

// It isn't well known the fact that opengl can do good 2D plot's. But for what i have
// seen, it does that by assuming all the drawing is in one plane (like z=0). Perhaps isn't
// very efficient.
//
// I would do it in a specialized library. You should check g2.
// In the announce for g2 0.23:
//
// "g2 is an easy to use, portable and powerful 2D graphics library. It
//   provides a comprehensive set of functions for simultaneous
//   generation of graphical output on different types of devices. Presently,
//   the following devices are supported: PostScript, GIF and X11 (xfig
//   and Win32 are in development). g2 is written in C (ANSI) and
//   additionally has a Fortran interface"
//
// get it from:
//
//  ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/contrib/g2-0.23-1.i386.rpm
//
//
// Also i know Quartik is working in a canvas widget for gtk, that supposedly would export
// postscript.
Hi,
Yes, I already used gnu-libplot that already does what g2 does (don't know
exactely about g2), but I actually decided to use gtkDPS which is much more
powerful that any multi-format emulation engine.

The reason why I was wondering about Mesa 2D quality was that the main drawback
of using a 2D lib (as DPS for instance) is that you must rewrite all 3D
routines.
Or you have to separate 2D graphs from 3D graphs.

About the OpenGL->postscript, I can't figure out how you could translate
openGL texture mapping to postscript.

Regards,

	Bertrand

  Bertrand GUIHENEUF           	E-Mail: bertrand.guiheneuf@inria.fr
                               	Tel.:   (33) 01 39 63 50 36
  				http://Bertrand-Guiheneuf.home.ml.org

Thanks to GNU for providing us all those powerful and reliable tools
Thanks to Linus Torvald for allowing me not to be a $microsoft$ slave