Re: [gtk-list] ANNOUNCE: Superficie 0.01

// Well, i'm not sure (i'm in the process of learning opengl), but there exists a
// mode known
// as "feedback" in opengl.
//
// In this mode, nothing is drawn on the screen, but rather opengl returns a list of
// primitives.
// I hope it will be posible to translate this information into postscript.
//

That would be a great thing!
Do you thing those primitive are simple enough to be implemented in
postrscript?
I took a look at Mesa's sources yesterday to see if it would be possible to
develop a postscript driver, and what I saw is that mesa needs to be able
to read pixels from the device (!). That may be OK with DPS but not for
postscript files.

Suppose you could print.
Ok, so, as I'm nearly completely ignorant of what openGL does well, do you
think it would be usable as the main visualization device for a 2D plot
utility?

Regards

	Bertrand.

  Bertrand GUIHENEUF           	E-Mail: bertrand.guiheneuf@inria.fr
                               	Tel.:   (33) 01 39 63 50 36
  				http://Bertrand-Guiheneuf.home.ml.org

Thanks to GNU for providing us all those powerful and reliable tools
Thanks to Linus Torvald for allowing me not to be a $microsoft$ slave