Announce: GdkRgb 0.0.3

Hi Gtk list people,

   This is to announce version 0.0.3 of GdkRgb. GdkRgb is a new module
for Gtk that renders 24bpp packed RGB image data to the screen. It's
fast, it looks good, and it's simple.

   I've designed the module so that, even though it's ultimately
intended to be integrated into Gtk 1.2, it can be used today with Gtk
1.0.

   The code is available at:

      http://www.levien.com/gdkrgb/

   I'm asking for help on a number of points. First, although it's been
tested on a fairly wide range of buffers, it hasn't been tested on all
of them. I'm especially interested in X terminals and SGI boxes. If you
have an SGI box handy and could send me the output of both xdpyinfo and
./testrgb, I would greatly appreciate it.

   I'd also like benchmarks. Complete instructions are on the webpage.

   Finally, I want to alert Gtk developers that I believe that GdkRgb
will be preferred method of handling colors in color-rich Gtk
applications. In particular, I believe it will supercede
GdkColorContext. Thus, seriously consider retrofitting your app to use
GdkRgb. I'll be doing the Gimp retrofit over the next week or so.

Raph