Re: [gtk-list] Re: GTK List Widget question

At 12:33 AM 7/14/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>   When creating (or altering) a GTK List widget, is it possible to specify
>>   it's size in terms of *lines* rather than pixels? In the tutorial I
>>   see the use of *_usize() but I think it would be nicer to simply be
>>   able to say "Let it be 3 lines/entries long" no matter what font you
>>   use. Ideas?
>
>that won't work because text isn't the only thing containable in a
>gtklist. you can pack anything in it, even another gtklist. if the list
>widget were to compute the size of the child every time something is
>packed into it, yeah, it would be feasable. any comments from the gurus
>on how difficult that would be?

I think it would be nice to have a *_tsize function that would
take the current font size for the widget and multiply witdth/height,
then pass this on to the *_usize function. It would make setting
up a screen much easier.
Kevin Handy  kth@srv.net         Accounting Software for
Software Solutions. Inc.         VAX/VMS Computer Systems
Idaho Falls, Idaho