Re: Installation Tree

Joel Becker <jlbec@ocala.cs.miami.edu> writes:

> People, a quick question,
> 	For both Gimp and GTK+, is there any hard-coded path info?  I know
> that there is a "prefix" variable in gtk-config, but is there anything
> else?  I am looking at taking a current installation and moving it, and I
> want to make sure it works.  ie, Gimp can find it's share dir, etc.  Is
> this compiled in or determined at run-time?
>
> To wit, I want to be able to do the following:
>
> Scenario One:
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/freeware
> make
> make install "prefix=/usr/local"
>
> Scenario Two:
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/freeware
> make
> make install
> mv /opt/freeware/* /usr/local
>
> 	Will this work without problems, or are there hard-coded paths?
> Thanks in advance.

The only paths written into the configuration are those in gtk-config.
So if you change that, the above should work. (I won't guarantee
it will always work in the future - we might do something like
hardcode a search path for theme libraries in the future (with
an environment variable escape for non-suid programs), but it will work
now.)

Regard,s
                                        Owen