Re: [gtk-list] GtkText & scrollbars

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Andreas Kostyrka wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've been wondering how to make a GtkText entry box with scrollbars.
> (Even better an automatic scrollbar appearing when needed.)
>
> gtk_text_new(NULL,NULL); seems not to work for me :(
>
> Andreas

That is described pretty well in the tutorial at www.gtk.org. Do

  vscrollbar = gtk_vscrollbar_new (GTK_TEXT(text)->vadj);
  gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(hbox), vscrollbar, FALSE, FALSE, 0);

where text = gtk_text_new(NULL,NULL) and then pack and show the text
widget and the scrollbar where you want them.

/Anders Logg